1/20/10

What's a Rose?

A Rose to me is truthfully a symbol of Love. Not because the whole Valentines day Cliché, but because it’s a vibrant red, it’s such a deep one. I find that a symbol of love, a deep meaningful one, whether it’s for that special someone, some friends, or even family, it’s truly a beautiful thing like the rose it’s self.

And then the pedals, all grouped together, touching each other, shows the bond of needing someone, we all need someone in our lives to make us happy, no one can survive loneliness. That’s why we socialize, meet others, and make friends.

And lastly, the stem and thorns. I see the stem as life, a journey, where we create our own paths, and with that the thorns are simply little bumps in the road, the hard times, where you always have someone to help you make it though.

So when I see a Rose I see Love, Beauty, and Life.

Hope ya like!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the insight of how you view and feel about a rose. As your views seems hopeful and amourous, mine seem a bit opposite.

    A rose is a symbol of love, and all that is with it represents it.

    Upon looking at a rose, I firstly recognize the color. And it is always seemingly red, but a faded, crimson red. The rose always carries its thorns (when I think of one) because that is an authentic rose.

    That is why I dislike if roses are de-thorned; they are removed of their authenicity and power. Roses always carry a message, let it be of love, jealousy, adoration, etc, and part of a rose's message is in its thorns.

    You can easily grasp a rose with no thorns, but have to delicately handle one with thorns. That is the same with handling love. You must take the good with the bad, otherwise it doesn't seem to be genuine.

    I can't help but feel hopeless and lonely when viewing a rose. But whenever I recieve one, I do feel adored.


    I had this conversation with a friend before so part of my true ideals may be lost in context and my paraphrasing. Thanks for fulfilling the request~♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lee, I really enjoy your blog about the Rose and it's relation to love. I believe that your analogy is very relative to that of the hardships that love can bring in life, and I like the way you compared it to life being in the stem. Write more because I'd love to look at them in shop! haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahah I definately plane on writing more! And I'd love it if you have any requests for ideas to write about, so if you have any ideas let me know!

    ReplyDelete